According to the National Association for College Admission Counseling, summer is a great time to:
- Make up academic work
- Take academic courses for fun
- Take prerequisite classes to be eligible to enroll in an advanced track in particular subject areas
- Explore careers by interning and shadowing a professional on the job
- Participate in summer enrichment programs on college campuses
- Visit colleges
- Participate in community service
- Summer Courses - WANIC High School (lwsd.org)
2022 catalog will be available in the spring. Lots of interesting courses, such as 3-D Modeling, Arts & Animation, Sound Design, Sports Marketing, Genetic Research, and Health Professions. Registration begins in late April.
- Out of District Online Courses for Credit:
- Contact your counselor for more information.
Appendix C Form must be submitted for approval prior to enrolling in an out-of-district/online course
*NEW POSTING* Marketing Intern PositionMarketing Intern - Heap
Teens currently in grades 11-12 are eligible to apply!
We are looking for a few energetic and self-motivated marketing interns to join our growing marketing department. If you’re a driven individual with a growth mindset who wants to build a career in content and brand marketing or marketing operations, then we want to work with you. Your work will include development of our brand materials, SEO, conducting data analysis, building our website and more.
- Microsoft Student Ambassador
- Teens in Public Service Internship
- Coding Landscape Database
- Pacific Science Center Teen Programs
- Girls Rock Math
- Fred Hutch Summer High School Internship
- Spark Summer Internships
- Bioinformatics: Coding for Medicine
- GenHERation Discovery Days
- Microsoft High School Program
- UW Partner Programs in STEM for HS Students (UW GenOM Project)
- Fred Hutch Biomedical Research Lab Catalog
- Summer STEM VIrtual Internships