TEACHER OFFICE HOURS: OUR BEST RESOURCE!
We encourage all of our students to begin practicing using teacher office hours in high school. This is a crucial skill for students to learn before college when professor office hours are a valuable resource. Our students who get comfortable discussing course material and getting clarification on assignments during teacher office hours, transition easily to the next level of achievement in college. Your teachers are here to help you! Remember, if you already knew all the material in the class, you would be the teacher!
Learning how to ask for help is one of the most important skills for an emerging academic scholar! Check your teachers' posted office hours or email them today to get started!
A few benefits of office hours include:
- Get questions answered about homework
- Clarify lecture material
- Clarify assignment expectations and due dates
- Get tips about how to improve study techniques specific to the subject
- Determine if you may make up incomplete or missing work
- Plan ahead for future assignments/tests
- Learn how to break down big projects into smaller, more manageable chunks
- Build strong, positive relationships with your teachers by showing you are invested in their classes
DID YOU KNOW...??
There is a homework board posted on our Counseling Teams page that lists the current assignments & upcoming test/project due dates for EVERY CLASS at STEM! Check it out on your TEAMS Counseling page now!
After School Study Skills Club Tesla STEM offers an after-school study skills club! There are limited spots available, and are offered by referral only.
Talk with your counselor to see if you qualify and to get more information about how to sign up!
Presentation: How to Succeed in Remote Learning We hope you will enjoy this presentation and that you will take away at least one new strategy to implement into your daily life to make remote learning easier.